The Feline Herpesvirus Type-1 Antigen Rapid Test is a lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Feline Herpesvirus Type-1 antigen (FHV Ag) in secretions from cat's eyes, nasal cavities, and anus or in serum, plasma specimen.
Assay Time: 5-10 minutes
The Feline Herpesvirus Type-1 Antigen Rapid Test is based on sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has a testing window for the observation of assay running and result reading. The testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and a C (control) zone before running the assay. When the treated sample was applied into the sample hole on the device, the liquid will laterally flow through the surface of the test strip and react with the pre-coated monoclonal antibodies. If there is FHV antigen in the specimen, a visible T line will appear. The C line should always appear after a sample is applied, which indicates a valid result. By this means, the device can accurately indicate the presence of feline Herpesvirus type-1 antigen in the specimen.
· Collect cat's ocular, nasal or anus secretions with the cotton swab and make the swab wet sufficiently.
· Insert the swab into the provided assay buffer tube. Agitates it to get efficient sample extraction.
· Take out the test device from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
· Suck the treated sample extraction from the assay buffer tube and place 3 drops into the sample hole "S" of the test device.
· Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Result after 10 minutes is considered as invalid.