The Feline Calicivirus Test FCV Antigen Rapid Test uses chromatographic immunoassay to qualitatively detect feline calicivirus antigens in nasal secretions and saliva. Load the sample to be tested on the sample pad, and the capillary flows along the test strip.
The Feline Calicivirus Test FCV Antigen Rapid Test uses chromatographic immunoassay to qualitatively detect feline calicivirus antigens in nasal secretions and saliva. Load the sample to be tested on the sample pad, and the capillary flows along the test strip. The detection antibody is coupled with colloidal gold and mixed with the sample solution. Where FCV antigens exist, FCV antigens form complexes with colloidal gold-labeled antibodies. Subsequently, the labeled antigen-antibody complex is bound by a second "capture antibody" that recognizes the complex, and is immobilized on the test strip as a T-line. Therefore, a positive result produces a visible burgundy antigen-antibody complex line. The burgundy C line will appear to confirm the correct operation of the test.
REAGENTS AND MATERIALS
- 10 test pouches, with cards and disposable droppers
- 10 vials of assay buffer
- 10 bags of cotton swab stick
- 1 package insert
STORAGE AND STABILITY
The test kit can be stored at room temperature (2-30°C).
The test kit is stable within the validity period (18 months) indicated on the packaging label.
Do not store the test kit directly in the sun.
- Collect cat's ocular, nasal or anus secretions with the cotton swab stick and make the swab wet sufficiently.
- Insert the swab into the provided assay buffer tube. Agitates it to get efficient sample extraction.
- Take out the test device from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
- Suck the treated sample extraction from the assay buffer tube and place 3 drops into the sample hole "S" of the test device.
- Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Result after 10 minutes is considered as invalid.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
- Positive (+): The presence of both "C" line and zone "T" line, no matter T line is clear or vague.
- Negative (-): Only clear C line appear. No T line.
- Invalid: No colored line appears in C zone. No matter if T line appears.